Adidas Originals 2010 Spring/Summer Star Wars Collection....
Tuesday 22/12/09 - 11.21AM
Take a peek at the upcoming Adidas Originals 2010 Spring/Summer Star Wars Collection....
For its Spring/Summer season Adidas Originals teamed up with Star Wars for a memorable collection of footwear and apparel. Although the theme has been used in the world of fashion already, this new collection seamlessly fuses inspiration from legendary Star Wars characters and scenes with iconic Adidas Originals silhouettes.
Here’s a closer look in the upcoming Star Wars capsule collection from Adidas Originals. Although some models go all out with the classic graphics and color schemes, others remain a bit tamer, while all still doing an excellent job of translating the iconic film franchise into a wearable collection of footwear and apparel. Shown below are various adidas models featuring inspiration from key Star Wars characters, including Yoda, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia, amongst others.
FREE MAINLAND UK SHIPPING TILL 21ST DECEMBER!
Monday 07/12/09 - 05.09PM
Checkout our latest shipping offers here at Urban Industry...
We're offering you guys free UK MAINLAND SHIPPING up until 21st December 2009! There's still plenty of time to get in those Christmas presents and gifts and with this special December offer. What's more, you can now get them delivered completely free of charge right up until our last UK shipping days! No tricky promo codes or processes required, just simply add your goods and proceed through the checkout as normal! Think of it as an extra Christmas present from us to you!
Urban Industry X The Dixon Bros Mix CD
Sunday 06/12/09 - 03.04PM
We've joined forces with the World Famous Dixon Bros for our latest mix cd.
With Christmas almost upon us we've got round to releasing Number 2 in our series of Mix CD's. This time we've hooked up with London based, DJ's, the Dixon Bros. We first became aware of the Dixon Bros when we attended the Supra Skytop 2 Ordering party at the Griffin Pub this summer. The Brothers were DJ'ing in the bar and keeping the industry clientale's feet tapping. After a chat here and there we finally pulled our fingers out and got the mix in the bag with them and now you can get the CD for free here! Many, many thanks to our Mix CD sponsors as ever...LRG, Dickies, Vision Street Wear and Matix Headphones...
We caught up with the guys to find out who, where and why,
Can you introduce yourselves? Where are you based?
- We’re the Wooooorrrrrrllld Famous Dixon Bros (actually brothers) from London. A DJ duo consisting of Justin Dixon and Adrian Dixon. DJ’s for just over a decade bringing back the good times or partying before the days of the screw face!!
You seem to be doing a lot of playing out these days, if our readers wanted to catch you where would be the best place?
- Things have been going well for us this year so we can be found all over the place but every Friday we bring the party to Proud Galleries in Camden. Looking at some international madness in 2010!
What have been your dj career highlights so far? Any big gigs?
- Highlight for us would be headlining the Dirty Boots stage at Glastonbury 2009. We had a few technical difficulties before the set namely a lack of turntables which resulted in Justin having to source some decks from another tent but it was all worth it once we launched head first into our first track! Meeting Jazzy Jeff was also another massive highlight I think it’s safe to say any ‘cool’ we had before was lost for a few minutes!
How would you describe your style of DJ’ing? What’s your favourite genre to play out?
- We like to think of ours sets as the best house party you’ll ever go to. We both came up dabbling in a range of different music styles Garage, House, Hip Hop, R&B, Funk... so we now fuse all these genres together with some quality mixing and a touch of turntabilsm.
You seem to have a lot of ties to the street wear scene what with Trainerspotter etc, how did all that come about?
- We met Trainerspotter through a mutual friend Fly Bryce from Ninja Tune. He was hosting a party in Shoreditch with the TS boys and invited us down to play a guest spot. The party was an epic, sweaty old school skank out!!! After that Dixon Bros X Trainerspotter just semed to happen naturally leading to a much talked about party inside Size? Carnaby street alongside Mercury Award winner Speech Debelle, modelling for their Spring Summer 2010 campaign and us just reppin for the brand when ever we’re playing out including a genius game of ‘Where’s Trainerspotter’ in Vegas (have a look a their site for that one). We’ve also been added to the influencer list for Adidas Originals UK which is awesome, so 2010 is looking real fashionable!
Any Shout outs to make?
- Indeed! Would like to shout out the brands that supported the Urban Industry X Dixon Bros mixtape, G.N.E, Dan at Trainerspotter, Paola at Adidas, Mrs D, Team Thompson, mum and dad.
Pochoir x adidas Originals Five-Two 3 City Artist Series Interview
Saturday 05/12/09 - 11.00AM
Artist, Porchoir talks about his latest shoe in the Adidas Originals 523 Pack....
British artist Pochoir was among the collaborators in the recent Adidas Originals 523 City Artist Series collection which released mid-last month. In an interview, he speaks about the background behind his Adidas Originals Superstar as well as offering an overview of the designs of his fellow collaborating peers.